The 2024 application period will open mid-November and run through March 1, 2024.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 1st, 2024
This includes the webform and all applicable uploaded documents. Please scroll down for instructions, as well as documents needed, including Campaign Certifications Page, highlighted in yellow.
New/important in 2024 -
- 100% online application
- No audit/review is required as long as the 1st 12 pages of the IRS990 is provided. If you cannot provide a full IRS990, an audit or review is required
- A Pro Forma IRS 990 is acceptable as long as FRA calculations can be done
- DocuSign & scanning can be used for document signatures as needed
- Certifications page for download/signature & upload can be found below under 'Independent Charities' - highlighted in yellow
- If help is needed for FRA calculation, download paper application below for instructions on how to calculate - highlighted in yellow
- New service area selections
- Upload NC SECC EFT Authorization Form to expedite campaign disbursement funds. Download the link above and submit via the 2023 application
After reading all informational instructions below, please email the SECC office with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also leave us a voicemail at 919-821-2886.
2023 Application Submission Information
- The 2023 State Employees Combined Campaign Application will be entirely online. This means that all independent charities AND Federations will complete and submit all information, attachments, and certifications through the online application form.
- Before beginning the new ONLINE APPLICATION form, please review the 2023 application checklist to ensure you have all information and attachments necessary to complete the entire application and submit.
- If you are unable to complete the online application, please email email@example.com to make a formal request to submit a physical application by mail.
- Paper application for reference only - do not fill out & mail as the webform covers all information required - can also be used to calculate current year FRA (Fundraising/Administrative Costs).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be considered incomplete if they are missing any required attachments or signatures or if they are received without all required documentation
- The burden of demonstrating eligibility rests with the applicant.
Independent Charities (Deadline March 1, 2023)
Please review all Application for Admission Instructions before proceeding. To be considered for participation in the 2023 State Employees Combined Campaign, Independent Charities will need to submit the following information:
1. Completed Charity Application
Required attachments for webform:
- Campaign Certifications Page Downloaded & Saved
- Explanation of excessive FRA (Fundraising & Administrative Costs) if higher than 25%. See paper application or instructions piece for information on how to calculate FRA.
- Official signed copy of 2020 or more recent IRS Form 990 (Pages 1-12 only are needed). Pro Forma acceptable ONLY if possible to calculate FRA% from information included. (If not, charity must still complete pages 1 and 2 of the Form with the notation “For SECC Purposes Only” at the top of the first page. (If you are unable to calculate your FRA% using your IRS990, you must submit an audit or review to show the FRA%.)
- Official signed copy of 2020 or more recent CPA Audit or Review - this is only needed if you are unable to submit a full IRS990 (1st 12 pages).
- NC Solicitation License VALID ON OR AFTER March 15, 2023 (Extensions permitted & exempt charities should upload exemption letter). Visit www.sosnc.gov and click their charitable solicitation category for more information on your 2022 NC Solicitation License status or to print/save your license.
- Letter from Board of Directors requesting inclusion (example letter is in the link).
Please review all Application for Admission Instructions before proceeding. To be considered for participation in the 2022 State Employees Combined Campaign, Federations will need to submit the following information:
- Completed 2023 Charity Application Webform above for Admission (parts A, B, C, and D) with required attachments for the Federation only (please see above under instructions for Independent Charities for a list of required attachments).
- All required attachments from each member charity that was NOT an SECC participant in 2022. This will be an archive file (zip, rar, or sharing a cloud-based folder) - see instructions for details.
- A copy of the completed and signed Campaign Certifications Page from the 2023 Application for each member charity that participated in the SECC as a Federation member charity in 2022. (Federations, please check ALL member agency NC Solicitation Licenses prior to submitting as a reapplicant. We have many each year that are submitted with expired licenses despite being certified as in compliance).
- The completed 2023 Federation Spreadsheet Excel worksheet. The completed spreadsheet should be submitted to Laura Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you are using the spreadsheet shown on this page as it contains updated service areas for 2022.
NOTE: Federations must keep all documentation and attachments (paper or digital) for Federation member applicants.
Independent & Federation Memorandum of Agreement & Non Solicitation Agreement
You will certify receipt/reading of these documents on the Certifications Page.
All charities applying to the SECC will be required to review the 2023 Memorandum of Agreement (click for Independent Charities or Federations) and the 2023 Non-Solicitation Agreement (click for Independent Charities or Federations).